Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pas fort, Pas fort de tout!

Gabriel Labelle, pas fort dude. As you all may know, I work with Gab at La Societe General. In fact I can say he is my friend first I've made here. I can even admit in alot of ways he has guided me in the right direction, in terms of getting settled, showing me the good things and some bad things (Please read this about my first weekend spent with Gab) about Paris. I will tell my version of what happened but basically all of the bad in that incident occurred because M. Labelle at times runs his mouth too much. For the most part I can say his has become one of my best friends BUT I am disappointed and not very happy at all with his actions today!

We are at work, he is supposed to be training me on this new software SmartLink (It's a powerful banking software used worldworld and has billions of dollars moving through it everyday). Now we all now I am an anglophone and on top of that I sometimes suffer from a small speech inpediment which I discovered while attending John Abbott College. So when this asshole starts making fun of how I speak, and my ability to speak French, it really fucking bothers me!!! In fact Gab, had the nerve to insult me in the office, in front of everybody. He has not and does not take the necessary time to properly and professionally show me how to use the software correctly. the only thing I've learned from him is how to update my Blog at the office, thanks Gab ;-)

I'm not sure but I think that it takes a very insecure individual to start making fun of someone's ability to speak a language. Let alone to a colleague, but I am certain you would not do that to your friend. I do not want to waste anymore time here, as I have wasted 6 weeks already but I will not go any further on this topic.

I expect a proper training, I have no idea why in France the transfer of knowledge is so weak here but it disgusts me to no end. This software and the ability to learn it does not require having a masters degree as a French linguist. It does not function like this in Montreal, and in the world of IT, where anybody is easily replacable, proper training is given even with mutliple softwares in weeks, not months for just 1. Needless to say I will not chastise him in front of others, I do not function like this but I do hope well Gab is busy surfing the web and updating his Blog instead of training me, that he'll read this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, Keith you must admit that I was NOT in charge of your training in the first place. Marc was!

I've been in charge of your training for a week now, I did a test to verify your knowledge (Val and you), I also did a training session in the morning monday... etc.

This week I'm alone in the morning with two trainees! And there's work to be done also! And stop thinking I'm always on my blog! :-D

Second, I'm sorry about the language thing, I never thought it would hurt you anyhow, I never thought you were gay like that! lol kidding again. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Humm, somehow I get the impression that is the closes you'll get to saying your sorry. That's cool, now that I got a video of you sleeping on the job, your ass is mine! Hey Gab, Go get me a coffee, milk and 2 sugars, hehe :-D

Anonymous said...

Gab said to me a few minutes ago, "Keith, next time if you have something to tell me, say it directly to me"....

Well Gab, I think oin this case it was better for you that I did it this way, because I would have punched you in face, then you would look like Yanick but with all your front teeth missing ;-)

Anonymous said...

Keith, your Kung Fu is not strong enough! ;-)

Anonymous said...

:-D