Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The view "De Mon Salon"



I have to say, I am really starting to love my place and Paris in general. This area in 16th arrondissement and the view from the window in my dinner room is amazing. My living room is actually the same room as my kitchen but at least I don't have to go very far to get beer from the fridge... lol.

I swear it's an amazing feeling, I get up in the morning and before I go to the bathroom, I walk to the window and look outside and there it is!

I also found out this weekend that on the neighbouring street, named Kiebler, that down the street there is a clear view of the Arc de Triumphe.

Therefore, yes, I'm smack in the middle of and approximately a 7 minute walk from either the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de Triumphe. I have to admit that this is very cool for me. The reason is that to me these structures represent what Paris is to me and to the world. A pride that is purer and less boldful than the americans and represents a love of art and artitecture. The Tower is recognized all over the world and it is the first thing people think about when they hear the word "Paris".

Well, maybe a little bit less now because of a certain spoiled, talentless (unless you call giving a blowjob a talent) and heir to the family fortune, princess Paris Hilton ;-)

I have a special video of the Eiffel tower at night, it will be available in the next couple of days.

No comments: