Friday, June 23, 2006

T minus 24

It's Friday, June 23, 2006. What a day. It's beautiful today in Paris. I am at work, it's kinda slow right now so I can "Blog" a little, hehe. Suddenly I start to look back and realized what a difference a year can make. This time last year I was preparing to move in with Jonathan and Dave. These 2 guys are great, and will be my friends for life. I think I couldn't have had better roommates. This was a hectic period as we encountered many problems as we tried to get settled into our new place.

As well, during this time last year I was also working a horrible shift at CN, the graveyard shift. Not only was it graveyard, but also it was from 8pm to 8pm from Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. It was horrible!!!! I hated that shift with a passion. My sleeping schedule was totally disrupted and I was constantly tired. The weather outside was nice, and warm, therefore it was even harder to sleep during the day, I was not able to rest more than a few hours. What made things even worse for me is that because of the senior staff summer vacations, I was forced to do this shift through the summer!!! I missed 1 of my friend's wedding and almost could not go to my cousin Tanika's wedding.

Yup things has really changed in a year's time, I still only now am taking in the fact that I now work in Europe, that I now live steps away from a national monument and minutes away from a boulevard where the rich & famous hangout. I am taking it all in, as I need to prepare to go back to Montréal, and see my old friends and family and take care of unfinished business.


Jessica asked me if I'm getting excited about my trip back home, and I thought to myself not so much right now. It's weird because within the first week, i wanted to go back home badly and back to my old life, job, family and friends. As time went on, and with many new experiences here in Paris, I grew to really enjoy being here, in fact I think of Paris as my new home. Even as I write this right now, I can hardly believe that this is true, but I do know this, there are many, many more great adventures and experiences for me to discover, and I can't wait.

My next post may come from Montréal so Paris, I'll see you in a couple of weeks and Montreal, I'm coming home! Look out, we're going to party "Paris" style! :-D


No comments: