Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Nice Weekend in London, Part 2



Yes, London was a nice experience indeed. I learned a few english terms like for example, when a person wants to go and take the train/metro, an Englishman would say "I'm going to the tube". Yup, tube is the metro, and as I told Mika, "tube" in North America refers to watching TV or the TV. She then told me that I'll need 4 quit to take the tube. I was like excuse me??? Then she told me that "quit" in English means 1 english pound. You guys should have seen my face. Then she went on to say 100 pounds she refered to "1 ground"!!!! Yes, it's true, I'm not maiking this up. Hehe I love the English ;-)

Saturday night we met with Yacine, Maja and Saeed. Very cool people, in fact Yacine used to live in Paris and he'll be coming here soon, so you all will get to met him. He enjoys a good party and likes to dance, let loose and the ladies like him alot.

We were going to go to Astor's but then we decided to go to "Sin" instead located next to the central point. This an exclusive place and in hasa nice vibe. there are 5 rooms where different genre of music is playing. However, I was not impressed with the music in the hip hop/ r n b room. The room itself was beautiful, but the DJ sucked. So we hung out in the house room and the music there kicked ass, very good indeed, everybody had a good time. There was also mention of a club called Fabric by my friends here in Paris, but our group was not interested in going there this time around, especially Mika. It is supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, holding thousands of people. But if you are a person who does not like huge crowds, then this isn't the place for you.

I took the photo of Princess Di, the reason is when I saw it, she looks so beautiful and I felt very sad inside that she is no longer with us. Before her death she was the most famous woman in the world and they are holding an exhibition in London of photographs taken of her. Unfortunately I did not get to visit the display of her photos, this was one of the things I wanted to do the most. Hopefully I will get a chance to the next time I go back to London.

Well this is the quick resume of my first trip to London since I was like 15 years old. I enjoyed my time there and I'll be visiting London often enough, since it's so easy to get there from Paris.

Cheers :-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, London was nice, and I'm sure it'll be even better the next time I go :-)

Anonymous said...

And I promise i will be better this time :D Amd I'm not that greedy! :/ Believe me... I live in London for almost 9 months already... in Central London and this weekend I saw more than in those 9 months... ;) Next time I'm gonna show you some more interesting things. I'm gonna prepare the tour for you :) And I really don't think Fabric is a good place, sorry but I will sacrifice myself ;)... just a lil to give you that pleasure. You know that I'm hanging around different places more but anyway... talk about it soon.

One correction!!!
*ground (dozen if you like) - it's a 1,000 pounds not a hundred... I forgot the word for hundred...

Lots of Love
Take care
Mika

Anonymous said...

Haha, Mika, Thanks, that is very nice to say and I'm looking forward to it. You were great nonetheless and I enjoyed going to "SIN", you and Maja are 2 very HOT chicks; all the other guys were loosing their minds around you ;-)

You have to tell me more about where you've visited recently and mark those places down for the next tour we go on.

See you soon

Bisou, Aller, A+

Anonymous said...

reading all this i get more and more impatient to go there;)

Anonymous said...

hmm... u are very welcome :)

Anonymous said...

thanks:)
i have to get a visa first-cross your fingers for me, i'll be at the british ambassy on the 12th sept...
BTW what do you do in london?

Anonymous said...

Mika, Tanya is an Optician's Assistant. Some of the tasks can include performing Eye exams and Glasses fittings.






Aller, A+

Anonymous said...

interesting:)i was asking because my best friend is mooving tomorrow to london to study there and live with her boyfriend...:)
have a nice day

Anonymous said...

Yes...MIKA IS AN OPTICAL ASSISTANT! Soon will be a doctor :)

Anonymous said...

sounds GREAT! GOOD LUCK !!!