Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A nice Weekend in London, Part 1


I started writing this post on Monday morning, unfortunately I did not get to publish this until today, so please keep this in mind as your reading it. This is part one on my trip to London.

It's Monday and I'm back at my job in Paris. It was but only a few hours ago that my feet were of British soil, then I got on the EuroStar train and it was that simple. I enjoy it very much when I travel this way. No complications or waiting in long lines or in waiting rooms like in airports like CDG in Paris.

Unfortunately as I was there, it rained most of the time, which really sucks when it's the middle of August. I did see the London Bridge but there were a few other places I wanted to see but didn't get the chance. I will make up for it in the near future. I found London to be a fairly nice place and believe it or not, it has a lot of similarities to Paris. I get a similar "feeling" as I walk around the buildings. However the buildings in the downtown area seem newer than those found in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th arrondissements but not as new as in La Defence.

Now to explain the photo on top, I spotted this sign in a Nepalean restaurant called Nangelo. I ate there with Mika on Friday night after I arrived in London. The restaurant had an ambient feel to it and the staff was extremely friendly. This being said, when I saw the sign, I thought to myself; "no wonder they are being so friendly, because if the restaurant burns down, they will be safely outside while the rest of us burns... since they are the only ones who can use the Fire Exit." Haha, too funny!


Just as a reminder more to come (Part 2) on London in an upcoming blog post!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

waiting for the rest of the story..

Anonymous said...

yeah, me too...and for more pics!!!
About the fire exit, that was funny. I was telling that to my co-workers here, and they were all laughing..:)

Anonymous said...

oh, that was me, irina

Anonymous said...

LOL, Yeah that sign is a funny one indeed. Thx for identifying urself Irina
(btw, you can actually put you name under "other" and it will no longer show up as anonymous, ;-))

More on London coming....

Aller, A+