Monday, July 17, 2006

A "WHATEVER" Weekend

A "Whatever" weekend is an inside joke between myself, Jalia and Tanya. All in all, the weekend was the first weekend in a long time weres it was not a huge party of lots of drinking, dancing, laughs and eating. The big difference here is that there was very little drinking so it keep this relatively quiet. Then weekend the gang was out of town; Gab, Yan B, Matt and the others went to Barcelona. I was very close to going in the last minute but the tickets were too expensive to make the trip. Sacha and Alexis went to Montreal, Olivier was working and Sebfo, I believe was busy as well.

So Friday evening after finishing work around 20h00, I went home. As I was on the metro heading to Trocadero, I noticed that there was a whole lot more people there than normal. When the metro finally arrived, it was so full that many of the people already there could not get on and had to wait for the next Train.

I almost forgot but Friday July 14th, 2006 is France's national holiday. When finally went outside from the metro station Trocadero, the area was rumbling with tourist and citizens alike. So I spoke to Tanya and invited her and I even suggested to her to invite Sacha, for them to join me and we could all go to the Eiffel tower. She was too tired to and at this point the metro was jammed packed with people. So I went down to place Trocadero and squeezed through the massive crowd so that I can get a look at the fireworks. It was pretty good and I took videos of the action which can be found HERE.

It was very nice to see enjoy take pride in the country history, there was houndreds of people around the Eiffel tower, everybody cheering whenever a big explosion was made. It's nice to see, with the Eiffel tower standing tall and the fireworks in the background.

Let me know what you think from the video and photos found on my site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»